Chronoforms starter guide
Read more: Chronoforms starter guide
ChronoForms V5 Change log
You can upgrade to the latest Chronoforms V5 by downloading the latest installer from the downloads page, after that you should install it using the Joomla extensions manager as usual, do NOT uninstall or you will lose any existing forms.
You can find below a list of major changes in every release.
ChronoForms is WordPress ready!
Do you have a wordpress blog ? are you worried about missing ChronoForms there ? don't worry, Chronoforms V5 has full integration with Wordpress, now you can use your preferred forms builder on Wordpress too! :)
Spread the word!
ChronoForms V5 is out
ChronoForums is here!
- Categories -> Forums -> Topics -> Posts structure.
- Lock/Stick topics or set forums announcements.
- Posts reporting and topics manual activation by admins.
- Posts attachments.
- Global and distinct forums permissions.
What is ChronoForms?
ChronoForms is a Joomla Component that helps Joomla/Mambo users publish forms to a website in minutes, not in HOURS.
A custom form in three quick steps :
- Create your form html with any HTML editor (e.g: Dreamweaver, NVU, etc).
- Copy the resulting HTML code from your HTML editor.
- Paste the code into your ChronoForms 'Form Manager' in the backend, choose your settings and save.
Powerful customization features
- Using PHP code in the form body or when submitted to do some serverside action like saving data or checking some thing.
- Drag and Drop form creation wizard for quick forms creation with no need for any other HTML tools! good solution for those on rush for a simple form or newbies!
- Setup as many emails as you need using a drag and drop board.
- Each email can have any number of TO recipients and any number of CC/BCC recipients.
- Each Email have a full dynamic set of fields,what the user write can change your email recipient and subject!
- Ability to setup an Auto Responder!
- Full control over the email(s) template(s) sent, yes, you can get candy emails created using WYSIWYG editor!
- You can Redirect users after submission to a thank you page OR a login page or another website...etc.
- Define the Submit URL if you are interested, useful for forms migrated from other applications to Joomla CMS.
- Store all your submitted data and view it very easily.
- Ability to View/delete stored data and ability to backup form results into XLS or CSV formats viewable on MS Excel!
- Ability to create DB tables and connect to any table to save or update its records, we can connect to the content table for example and let the submissions become website content!
- Include file upload fields in your form and have it attached/uploaded and add constraints on files uploaded (like max and min size and type).
- Add Captcha imageverification to your form to protect you from Spam.
- Easy to add Server side validation for those who care for full form security!
- Easy integration with payment systems like PayPal, 2Checkout.com or Authorize.net!
- Plugins support for converting your form to a Joomla registration form or integrating it with Community builder too!
- DEBUG option for checking the form workflow!
- Limit form submissions per second per user session, useful for protecting yourself from 2 submit button clicks!
ChronoConnectivity V4 is out
We are proud to announce the release of ChronoConnectivity V4.0, the new version is a complete remake of the old one, almost all the code has been rewritten. The result is a stronger; more modular and easier to use data manager for all Joomla users. We hope that you will like it, and look forward to hear your comments on our forums.
ChronoConnectivity V4 requires Chronoforms V4 RC3.2 or later installed.
The main features of the new release are:
- Multi Database tables support.
- Admin area or frontend data listing support.
- Support for all CRUD operations on 1 or more tables, plus supporting basic features like pagination, search, sorting, data filtering...etc.
- Full users groups access permissions configuration.
- Tasks Control support using the Chronoforms Events-Actions system*.
- Auto or Custom data listing to save your time.
- SEO url support with the basic Joomla SEF support.
- You want the user to confirm something before deleting a record.
- Send an email when a record is updated.
#1- Enter connection name.
#2- Select a db table.
#3- Navigate to the "Admin list settings" tab and enter few table columns names in the "List View Fields" box.
#4- Go to the "Admin permissions" tab and set the "List Permissions" to "Super users" (or whatever group you have).
Now you can save the connection and display the table data through the "Admin list" link, for adding/editing you will need to connect a Chronoform to your connection, but your form's App should be set to "ChronoConnectivity", you can find the form App setting under the form's "Edit" page.
Chronoforms for Joomla! 1.6/1.7/2.5 is out
We are proud to announce that Chronoforms is now available for Joomla 1.6/1.7 and 2.5, the current version is V4 RC3.3 (See the list of changes here.)
Feel free to post any questions, comments or bug reports in the ChronoForms forums.
Download ChronoForms v4 here for Joomla! 1.6/1.7/2.5
Download ChronoForms v4 here for Joomla! 1.5
Note: ChronoForms v4 requires Joomla! 1.5.19 or later with the Joomla! MooTools Upgrade plug-in enabled.
ChronoForms v3 for Joomla! 1.5
Please download ChronoForms version 3.2.0 if your site is using Joomla! 1.5.18 or earlier or you do not have the MooTools Upgrade plug-in enabled.
Note: Joomla! 1.5 is now close to end of life and ChronoForms v3 is no longer being developed.
Plug-ins and Modules
There are ChronoForms plug-ins and modules in the download area to show forms in articles or template module positions. Please check that you have the latest release for the ChronoForms version you are using.
All releases of ChronoForms v4 can be upgraded by installing the new version over the previous version of ChronoForms v4.
Releases of ChronoForms v3 after V3.1 RC3 can be upgraded to ChronoForms v3.2.0 by installing the new version over the previous version of ChronoForms v4. To upgrade from earlier versions you need to uninstall the previous version then install the latest release and you may need to click the 'Install DEmo Form and Upgrade SQL' link in the Forms Manager to upgrade your database tables. For security, backup your forms and database before uninstalling the old version.
There is no automatic upgrade from ChronoForms v3 to ChronoForms v4. If is possible to copy and paste over custom code but this will then need editing. For simpler forms it may be quicker and easier to re-create them.
The free version of ChronoForms is fully functional except that:
- it shows a strap-line under every form "Powered By ChronoForms - ChronoEngine.com"
- it shows a message in a pink box in the Forms Manager and
- the Payment Gateway actions are trial versions only and will randomise the amounts.
You can buy a subscription for ChronoForms (use the Subscriptions tab above) that will remove the strap line and change the Forms Manager message. The subscription is paid once and is valid for all releases of ChronoForms v4, unless Max changes his mind sometime in the future. Separate subscriptions are required for Payment Gateway actions.
ChronoForms v4 is an extremely flexible form extension and there are mnay ways that you can use it. There are some tutorials in he download area and a series of videos that will help you get started with CFv4. There are many forum posts about most aspects of ChronoForms v3 and v4. The ChronoSearchis a customised Google search for the forums, this site and the Joomla! sites that may help you find the answers you need.